Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Believe

So last week while in PT things just were getting frustrating. I started experiencing some new pain, and as I was doing one of the exercises I looked up and saw a picture on the wall of marathoners with the word "BELIVE" written under it. Doctors offices and the like always have those inspirational posters hanging around, and well this one I could have done without, ha. At that moment as I sat there in pain looking at the poster of marathoners, I really just wanted to throw something at it, ha. I thought it was a little cruel to have that in there when that is all I want to be able to do. That kind of set the tone for the day unfortunately.

This past weekend I got to go home and do what I call "Trey-bysit." It's by far one of my favorite things. My parents got to celebrate their anniversary in downtown Philly for a very nice overnight and I got to Trey-bysit. We had a lot of fun (or at least I did, ha). We read a ton (about 100 pages!) of his latest book "Inkheart"...it's a good one. We took a good walk through the Abbey (with Anna, which made it better, ha)...and we watched a lot of baseball. I even let him stay up a bit late so we could watch a movie. The fun continued the next day until my parents came home around noon. It was a great weekend and I'm happy that by living in New York, I'm able to go home intermittently like, this and get my Trey time, because well...everyone should have Trey time...he makes any day brighter, fo sho.

So now I'm still in PT, still feeling some new pain, and really trying my hardest to just move on. I haven't written in a while because I feel like anything I might have to say would be negative and I don't want this to turn into one long venting session about how I'm not able to run at the moment. This whole endeavor was never really about me anyway, and this weekend with the little guy helped start to get me back on track. I looked at that "BELIEVE" poster with the marathoners this morning while I was doing my exercises and started thinking about how to get myself better and not about what object I could find in the gym to throw at the poster. So I take that alone as a good first step, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment