Monday, July 20, 2009

Crawling, Walking, Jogging, Running...or in Trey's wheelchair...

I will make it across that finish line! The past week has been kind of hard in the running realm for me. Ever since my legs decided to revolt against my quest to start running last week, I haven't gotten much exercise time in. Thursday I went to the doctor to check out my leg, and she actually sent me to get an x-ray on my hip. She said my muscles were really tight, which is obviously the pain I've been feeling. I have to say, getting an x-ray by yourself is rather daunting. I felt so small and vulnerable on that table as the technician was working the machine above me. And I have to say, only in New York City would a radiology office have seersucker gowns that get washed, and not those scratchy throwaway paper ones. I had passing thoughts of stealing one to be honest.

This weekend I went home...yes, again...mainly for a friend's wedding on Sunday. It was a great weekend, but my legs were still hurting (even with four ibuprofen three times a day, ha) so running was definitely out of the question, and well...the couch seemed a lot more inviting than a walk. Finally Sunday morning I got myself going. It was gorgeous outside, and I knew we had to leave for the wedding around noon, so I got up and went. I took about a mile walk around the Abbey across the street from our house. I almost felt as if I was playing a game of Frogger dodging all of the cars speeding through the driveway as they were late for church. I even tried to jog a little bit, but I will admit...I was wearing pretty old shorts (Carroll gym shorts, to be exact) and well, the elastic isn't exactly the best. So within a few jogging strides the shorts were definitely going south a little, hahaha...so running/jogging was out of the question. It was a sign from above that I still needed to take it easy.

So I am hoping to wake up early tomorrow and try jogging again. I do still have to make an appointment for physical therapy, where the therapist will hopefully teach me how to stretch out the right way, because that must be what's wrong with me, even though I do stretch before and after running. So who knows...hopefully tomorrow will be better, that's all I can ask for.


peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment