Monday, July 6, 2009

Amazed I Got Out of Bed---And Ran 3 Miles!!!!!

So yes, I am completely amazed I was able to pull myself out of bed this morning. I hope you all had a great Fourth of July, because I did, ha. I went to Boston to visit some friends for the weekend and it was just a great weekend, with the assembly of a grill included! I got home last night around 7 and was just exhausted. The entire bus ride home I was really looking forward to being able to run this morning (since I obviously didn't do it in Boston). So I was amped and I got myself together to finally make a playlist, starting with Sweet Home Alabama (of course). I went to bed ready, and when the alarm went off this morning I definitely was not.

I was able to drag myself out and get down to the Y at a reasonable hour. I did my stretches and headed in to the workout area where I saw workers putting on brand new tread on the treadmills. I was excited to have a little more traction and to be the first person to run on it, ha...yes, I'm a nerd, oh well. Today I had a handful in the gym--Ipod, cell phone, blackberry--it was just one of those mornings. Thankfully the treadmill has enough little holder spaces for all of my technology (yes, with my OCD, everything needs its' own space, ha). So away I went...the running felt good, surprisingly, after not having ran since Thursday. I felt confident and had a goal in my mind of going 3 miles today, or at least 2.5. My new playlist definitely helped, if anyone has any music suggestions that might keep me going, they'd be greatly appreciated!

Like I said, it felt good this morning. The first mile went by easily, the second mile I struggled a little, but began to really focus and I found my stride toward the end. I knew at this point that I could push myself one more mile. It was so close. The entire time I was running, I was also receiving emails on my Blackberry, ha...yes, I was working while at the gym. I had to stop at one point to respond, but I picked right back up and made up for the lost distance.

To my complete surprise I was able to finish the full 3 miles without stopping (except for the one email response). I sprinted the last little bit and then I was done! 3 miles today...a great accomplishment for me, for sure. I can't wait to go buy new sneakers when I'm home this weekend and start running outside again. I really hate treadmills, they make me dizzy when I stop...seriously, I don't know why.

So...this was a good morning. I know that we have added more people to our team, which makes me so happy. I don't quite have words for how much the support means to me and how enthusiastic people are. We are working on getting a fundraising website up and running so all you fabulous people can give us your money! haha...if you don't have money we take love and kind words as well.

That's it for today! Thanks for checking in and I hope you're having a great day! I'll be heading home this weekend and can't wait to see the little guy...the main inspiration behind everything, I mean hey...he is Tristan of Tristan's run, ha.


peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment