Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Send Your Money, Prayers, Encouragement, Hugs, Cheers, and Money

Every year this is the most awkward part of running this race...when I remember that it's actually a fundraiser and I have to reach out and ask people for money.  Everyone has been absolutely amazing throughout the years and it is that support that keeps me going.  So...read the letter below, donate, send prayers, give your favorite runner a hug, come cheer us on on race day!  Thank you for everything!  Love you all!



Hello Friends and Family!!!---You guessed it, it's that time of year again.  The time has come for me to claim I'm training for a half marathon and then three weeks before start actually running, ha.  Yup...that's basically where I am with things.  Our 5th Annual Tristan's Run, as part of The Philadelphia Half/Full Marathon is in less than four weeks on November 18th!  We are continuing to raise money for The Tristan Mullen Fund at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, directly supporting the Mitochondrial Research Center.  I cannot thank you enough for all of your support through the years.  With your amazing donations, we raised $25,000 just last year, bringing us to over $65,000 total for the past four years!!!  Our goal is to raise another $25,000 and then just keep on going.  With these donations we have already had one study published, and I cannot even imagine the amount of kids out there just like Trey, and those still to come, that we will continue to be able to help.  This is Tristan's legacy, as the research may not help him directly, but I have faith that there is a cure out there for this so called "Tristan Disease" and I know he would want the doctors at CHOP to be able to do all that they can to find it.  


As for Trey...he's pretty rad, as usual.  He is currently in his Junior year at Great Valley High School.  He and my mom are going to become a part of the Drama Guild in the winter helping with costumes and just generally bringing good cheer, which is very exciting for both of them.  They used to do this when Ian and I did the plays at Carroll, and between my mom's expert sewing skills and Trey's ability to keep anyone company, they're a great team.  This past August we were able to make a trip down to Disney, which he loved.  He even took a trip on the Amtrak auto train on their way to Orlando!.  In November we will all take a trip down to Cape May, NJ to spend Thanksgiving with the entire Pippett clan, and I'm sure Trey can't wait to spend some time with his cousins.

While we are asking for your donations, we know that times are hard, so we will take anything you can give us...your money, your kind words of encouragement, you cheering us on along the Parkway on race day, a hug...any of the above, ha.  As I said, the race is on Sunday, November 18th starting and finishing at the Ben Franklin Parkway (think steps from Rocky for all you non-Philadelphians, ha) and we run throughout South Philadelphia, so I would love to see some of you out there cheering us on.  You have no idea how far your encouragement can take us runners.  

Year after year Tristan and the rest of my family are completely overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support by this community that we have found loves Trey just as much as we do, that I want to thank you in advance.  It has truly been a blessing to be a part of this these past four years.  There aren't many people that could get me to run 13.1 miles every November, but...anything for the little guy.

So...please go to our team website, www.tristanmullenfund.org and donate.  No amount is too little (or too big, ha!)


Thank you so much.


Love and peace,


Sonny 

No comments:

Post a Comment