This morning I slept through my alarm. I don't know how or why I missed my alarm, but I did. I woke up at 8:00a.m. and really contemplated not going out for my run this morning. It is just about 3 weeks until the half marathon and my training has been pretty non-existent. I'm obviously having a hard time motivating myself to get up and out, this morning being no exception. Knowing Robin was going to call into the show this morning to talk to the anchors (and Oprah!) I wanted to be around to watch it live, so that meant I couldn't go anywhere until 9a.m. I promised myself I'd get dressed and go running after the show.
Now...I have spoken to Robin over the past months that she's been out. I even had the pleasure of visiting with her just this week. For some reason listening to her call into the show, hearing her voice on air talking to the other anchors really gave me that kick in the ass that I've needed. It was so amazing seeing everyone's reactions and just hearing how full of life she was. There was no excuse for me to go out and run a few miles, it just seemed silly. I looked down at my left wrist where I wear both my Team Robin bracelet and my St. John Neumann bracelet for Mom-Mom and out I went.
Right away I knew this run would be different. My shoes were still bothering me, therefore my legs/knees were hurting, but the endurance was there. Someone finally decided to tell my lungs that I'm running! It made such a difference. I, admittedly, usually have to walk some of the distance. As I said in one of my last posts "there is no shame in walking," but I was able to run most of this! I made it to 96th in Central Park where I cut over to the reservoir and I only walked two very short distances all the way around the reservoir! My way home was the same. It was so uplifting, I am still feeling the endorphins. I even ran a quicker pace by a whole minute than the last time I ran, which makes me feel so much better.
So while I'm still contemplating whether or not I need to buy new shoes, I am completely motivated to get back out there and run on Saturday. The goal? 7 miles! My confidence is building and it feels great.
Thank you to Robin and Mom-Mom for always motivating me and I can't wait to carry both of you with me throughout Philadelphia in three weeks. It's going to be a great day, I just know it.
Don't forget to donate or leave an encouraging message!
www.tristanmullenfund.org
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment