Eating right has always been a struggle, and it's not the actual act of eating right that is the struggle as much as making the decision to start eating right. Once I'm a few days into it, like any other habit, I'm ok. I've honestly never had any problem giving up certain foods, it's just a matter of keeping up the eating schedule. I think that as my marathon training continues, and once I start back with my trainer after Labor Day, everything else will fall into place. I have learned through the years to not be too hard on myself and we all slip here and there. I will go grocery shopping this weekend, and finally have food in the fridge...I will stop buying every meal and get back to a routine that I can depend on.
It's easy to think that just exercise will do the trick...I mean, I will be running an average of 10 miles/week for the next three months, I should be in great shape after that, yes? Well, as I said...that's only half the battle.
p.s.---on a much different note, I have "day after first run" super sore legs, to the point where I'm practically goose-stepping my way down the street because it's too hard to walk normally. and going down steps is practically torture. oh, the things we do to get our bodies in shape, haha.
p.s.---on a much different note, I have "day after first run" super sore legs, to the point where I'm practically goose-stepping my way down the street because it's too hard to walk normally. and going down steps is practically torture. oh, the things we do to get our bodies in shape, haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment