This is the question I have been constantly asking myself in the past two weeks since I finished the sprint triathlon. Why may I be asking this? Because the Tuesday after the tri marked 10 weeks until the half marathon! Yup, that's right...that Tuesday morning I dragged myself out of bed and ran 3 miles. Painful? Yes, but I'm excited. I have so far ran 12 miles in my training (I'll admit, I skipped what was supposed to be a 4 mile run this past Sunday). I feel pretty good, and yesterday I kept my best 3 mile pace yet.
So yes, the running/training for the Philly Half Marathon has started. I think having the tri to lead into this helped a bit, since I was already in the mindset of running, etc. The weather has turned fall-like (although today not so much), so it's been gorgeous running in 65 degree weather in the mornings. It's sad, but I almost can't wait to be able to put my running pants on, but I will hold out as long as I can.
One exciting thing coming up is new sneakers! Payday is tomorrow and new sneakers are on the horizon. I'm hoping they'll help my ankles, knees, hips, haha...sometimes I feel as if I have the body of a 70 year old. I'm also going to look into orthotics, as I've heard they may help as well.
One morning last week while I was out I decided that running in New York City can sometimes be cruel. Why is that Sonny?...you may ask. For anyone that has lived in or visited New York, you know that the city is one big TV/movie set. There are production trucks parked everywhere anyday of the week. What comes along with productions trucks? Craft Services trucks. See where I'm going with this? Last week I was running down Central Park West one morning and had to run by a Craft Services truck with all of their food set out. Not very nice to do to a hungry runner who still has 1 1/2 miles left in their run, haha.
Yesterday I did my 3 mile run in the morning and actually got yelled at by a woman on the sidewalk! I kind of laughed, because in my head I made up a story that she was jealous that she couldn't run as well as I could, hahaha. She yelled at me because I ran in between her and a light pole, granted the space I ran in was at least three feet wide, so she was not in jeopardy of being hit in the slightest. I found it funny beyond anything else, and I've decided that people yell unnecessarily way too much in New York. I wish they could get fined for unnecessary yelling, instead of honking, because really...who ever gets fined for honking?
We have a great group running with us this year and the fundraising efforts have doubled with an event in Philly and NYC! We are getting off to a great start and I am beyond excited to do all of this for the little guy yet again, and also hopefully better my time from last year.
So...thank you all again for you support! Keep on keeping on...
peace and happy first day of fall!!!
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment