Monday, August 16, 2010

Rainy Days Are Not Good Motivation

Going to bed last Wednesday night I had it in my mind that I'd wake up early the next morning, go to the Y and do both some swimming and biking. This sounded like an amazing idea and I was ready to be so proud of myself as I envisioned my morning taking place.

Thursday morning I woke up at 7, I was ready to go...and then somehow I hit the snooze button (again, and again, and again). All of a sudden it was 9a.m. and I had no motivation to go anywhere. The pretty picture of me feeling refreshed and energized leaving the Y had gone, making way for the even better picture of laying in bed on a wonderful rainy day. Needless to say, mind over matter did not take over on this fateful morning and there I was, laying in bed, not moving...at all.

So yes...Thursday was disappointing. I realize I haven't pushed myself nearly as much as I should have been for this sprint triathlon and who knows how I shall fare. This week I'm not feeling the best, but hoping to get some biking in, and possibly...just possibly, start running! Scary, I know. First, a trip to CVS/Duane Reade/Rite Aid (whichever of the big three is closest at the time) to get a knee brace that isn't from 7th grade. Not that I've really grown, but I figure I should update the darn thing, ha.

Hopefully the motivation will return tomorrow and I shall have more inspiring words...definitely something better than "I stayed in bed."

Until then...peace and happy swimming/biking/running!

No comments:

Post a Comment