Today is my first day "off" from training, since I worked out both Saturday and Sunday. Admittedly, I'm sore, ha, and I know this is just the beginning. For those of you that think going down steps is so easy, go run a few laps and then try to go down one step. You will soon realize that unless you walk awkwardly and kind of hobble down the steps, you will be flat on your face, ha. I mean, how important is bending your legs anyway? haha...so yes, this is just the beginning, although from my experience the soreness tends to go away the more you work out. I'll get back to you on that one though, ha.
Aside from the soreness I have my first sports injury. Well, ok...it's a blister from my shoes, but I'd like to call it a sports injury to sound tough and like a true runner that might get a real sports injury, ha. On that note, I cannot wait to buy new sneakers. For those of you that see me on a regular basis, or really know me well, you know that sneakers aren't necessarily my shoe of choice. Well, come on...are shoes really my shoe of choice? So this last pair I'm working on right now I have had for quite a few years. My friend had a great pair of New Balances on last night that were hot pink! I loved them! They were actually to support breast cancer research...my only thought is...would it be a conflict of interest to be wearing shoes that support breast cancer while I'm running to support mitochondrial research? Ha...I think the gods would forgive me. But...I have decided to wait to buy new sneakers until I go home in two weeks (yes Coll, you're wedding weekend! woohoo!), since my best guess is that the prices of Paoli/Malvern/or West Chester will be slightly cheaper than New York, ha...or at least I hope so!
Even though today is my "off" day, my mind is still racing (no pun intended, ha...or was it?). I'm trying to psyche myself up to be able to get up early tomorrow to go running, meaning I will be trying to force myself to go to bed at a reasonable time tonight.
For now I guess I should get back to work.
Thanks for checking in!
peace.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment