Last week I received an email that made me check my calendar. Pre-registration for the Philly Half/Full Marathons has arrived! I couldn't believe it, it's only April! I really didn't think this would come until June, but it's here! It's amazing the difference of this year to last year...there is no hesitation whatsoever in wanting to sign up for the race this time around. Last year I was beyond nervous. Now I know there is nothing holding me back, especially a bum hip, and I know that I can do better.
I've been a bit sick for the past few weeks, but once this is over with I actually can't wait to get out and start running. The weather is getting nicer and the park (or preferably the river) is calling my name.
I figured I'd give a few days until I started hounding everyone to register and see who wanted to run. Well...I loved it! Dani beat me to it this morning! She had emailed out to the team that had run last year. Hopefully we'll get some of them back this year, it was a great team. We already have some new runners, which I am very excited about. After being on my support team on race day, Coll and Chris have taken up the mission as well as their friend Signe...three new runners!
My goal for this time out is to take training slowly...really slowly, stretch A LOT and run for more than two months before the race, haha. Even if I start training May 21st, that's six months...if I double my three month schedule, that would be amazingly slow and hopefully get me in great shape for the race.
Remembering the hype from last year, I am so excited for all of this to start. I'm slowly starting to think of new ways to fundraise and get the word out. It was such an exciting time last year watching the donations come in and supporting the rest of the team as our mileage increased.
So...in a few weeks running will commence for me and I will be that many steps closer to another finish line. I can barely hold the excitement in.
peace.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment